(i) “online” (e.g., web and mobile) Services, including any websites operated by us such as [●] (“Website”) or mobile application (“App”), collectively (“Platform”), however accessed and/or used, whether via personal computers, mobile devices or otherwise), and
(ii)> “offline” (e.g., collection of data through mailings, telephone, or in person) activities owned, operated, provided, or made available by the Company.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding Your personal data and how we will treat it.
A. Information We May Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting information from or about You is to provide You with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Depending on the manner in which You use our Services, Unibook collect information about You that we deem necessary for providing Services and features that optimize, secure, and ease Your user experience.
1. Personal Information or Personal Data ("PI"): Unibook may collect and process information that could be directly or indirectly associated with You; information such as Your full name, company name where applicable, username and password, phone number, email address, billing or mailing address, credit/debit card information and other information that You share with Unibook. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in You being unable to use certain features of our Services because such information may be required in order for You to register for an account; purchase Services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Platform.
2. Payment Information: If You have registered for the Services and additional benefits under different plans provided by Unibook (“Subscription Plan”), Unibook powered fees (“Subscription Fees'') that are processed through Unibook’s payment gateways; for billing and raising an invoice, Unibook may request Your credit card and certain contact information, such as a billing address. Unibook retains credit card information internally for the purpose of all payment processing related to our Services. This includes the use of Your payment information to allow You to purchase Services across the Platform through Your Unibook account. The payment information is necessary in order for You to use our Services and failure to provide such information may result in You not being able to use our Services.
6. Non-Personal Information: Web Beacons, also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs, ("Web Beacons"), are electronic images that allow a website to access cookies and help track marketing campaigns and general usage patterns of visitors to those websites. Web Beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookie numbers, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web Beacons are placed. No PI about You is shared with third parties through the use of Web Beacons on our Website/Platform. However, through Web Beacons, Unibook may collect general information that will not personally identify You, such as: Internet browser, operating system, date of visit, time of visit and path taken through the website. Unibook may also collect other Non-Personal Information as visitors browse our Website/Platform, such as the web traffic, what pages are visited, and from where visitors come. Unibook may compile this Non-Personal Information to enable statistical analysis of our Services that would be used internally or with external assistance to make improvements to our Website/Platform and Services.
B. How we use Your information
Unibook conduct the following type of processing with Your personal information (either in isolation or in combination) in order to directly provide You the Services or assist in better Service levels, grievance redressal, and processing as required under law:
in connection with Services by:
using Your personal data (including current location, photograph and ratings); and
using Your location data to record and verify use of Services and payment information if You provide or procure our Services or are logged onto our Platform;
to store Your data and retrieve as necessary to provide You with our Services. Unibook currently store all personal data in secure servers provided by [●],
to process and facilitate Your payment for Services, including as required by law;
for direct marketing. Unibook will also share Your personal information to our group entities for the purpose of direct marketing;
for third-party advertising;
for verification of Your identity;
to develop insights about You or to personalize Your offerings or experience in using our Services or Services of our third-party business partners;
for research and development or to improve Services in connection with safety and security and preventing fraud;
where You are involved in providing Online Services, for any purposes reasonably connected with Your use of our Services, including identification, document verification, driving history, criminal history and background checks and other manual processing checks regarding verification. Unibook will use and may also disclose to our affiliates and third-party partners Your personal information to verify Your details and contact You regarding the Services;
to assist in dispute resolution, investigating complaints and in enquiries and support;
to ensure content from our Website/Platform is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your devices;
to provide any additional Services You may request from us or are fulfilled by our affiliates, group companies, selected partners, or third-parties;
to administer the Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to You and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to You;
for incidental or other purposes related to the provision of Services to You or the purposes referred to above. Unibook may disclose Your personal data among our group’s internal operational purposes (including to help us provide our Services, and monitor and improve our Services), to agents who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of businesses; and
as required or permitted by law, court order and any government, law enforcement or other regulatory body.
C. Disclosure of Your PI
Unibook may also disclose any of Your information, which in some cases includes PI, in the following situations:
1. With Your consent. Unibook may transmit Your PI to a third party when You give us express permission to do so. This may occur when we complete a transaction on Your behalf or at Your request.
2. With our authorized agent. Unibook may share Your PI with our authorized agent that performs certain services and process PI on our behalf. These Services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Website/Platform functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Website/Platform. These agents may have access to PI needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
3. Payment providers and Your bank. For the purpose of administering payments within our Services, we may disclose Your PI to third party payment providers and Your bank.
4. With our business partners. When You make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our Website/Platform, we may share PI with the businesses with which we partner to offer You those, Services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When You elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, You authorize us to provide Your email address and other information to that merchant.
5. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business; a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale; or in the event of bankruptcy. If another company acquires Unibook, that company will take on all responsibility for the information we collect, including PI, and it will assume all rights and obligations with respect to that information. Should this happen, the acquiring company may implement its own policies with respect to Your information.
Unibook may also use and share non-personal information we collect with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Website/Platform or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising You see. Unibook may combine Non-Personal Information we collect with additional Non-Personal Information collected from other sources. Unibook also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors. Unibook may engage a third party acting on our behalf to collect web log data from You (including IP address and information about Your browser or operating system) when You use our Website/Platform and other websites You may access during Your Internet browsing session, or place or recognize a unique cookie on Your browser to enable You to receive customized advertisements or content.
Please keep in mind that all of the information that You disclose or content that You post in Your user profile, forum posts, comments, or other public portions of our Website/Platform becomes public information. Because this information is publicly available, Unibook cannot control how others treat it so we ask all Users to exercise care in deciding what information they choose to share.
Unibook will save Your PI until You erase or delete Your account or otherwise exercise Your right to erase Your PI.
D. Access to Your Information and other rights
You are, at any time and free of charge, entitled to receive a copy of the PI that Unibook holds about You and information about the processing thereof. Please note that Unibook needs to be able to determine Your identity in order to be able to respond to Your request.
If You believe that any PI we are holding is incorrect or incomplete please send an email with Your specific request to [●]. Unibook will work with You to make any corrections deemed necessary. Unibook may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Additionally, note that registered Service Providers may change visibility of their respective personal information throughout our Website/Platform by editing their personal profiles.
You have the right to request that Unibook restricts the processing of Your PI under certain conditions. You contest the accuracy of the PI, the processing may be restricted for a period enabling Unibook to verify the accuracy of the PI or if Unibook no longer needs the PI for the purposes of the processing but You require the PI for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. You have the right to have Your PI deleted without undue delay and Unibook is obliged to delete Your PI without undue delay if the PI is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed. Please note that Unibook is not obliged to delete the PI if Unibook can show that the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
If You provide Your email address to Unibook, You will always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving email newsletters and promotions through the unsubscribe link in the email communications or by logging into and changing the preferences for Your user account. Unibook may send You other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering You the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in Your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If Unibook has already provided Your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner) before You changed Your preferences or updated Your information, You may have to change Your preferences directly with that third party.
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to Your particular situation, at any time to Unibook's processing of Your PI if the processing is based on legitimate interests. If You object to such processing, Unibook will no longer be entitled to process Your PI based on such legal basis, unless Unibook can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides Your interests, rights, and freedom or if it is conducted for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
E. Child safety
F. Securing Your Information
Unibook takes a range of security measures designed to protect Your PI and keep it confidential (unless it is non-confidential by nature) and free from any unauthorized alteration. Only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, Unibook use encryption in the transmission of financial information between Your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to Your personal information.
Where we have given You (or where You have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website/Platform, You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. As the safety and security of Your information also depends on the precautions You take, we ask You not to share Your password with anyone.
G. Third Parties and Other Information Collectors
The Services are governed by the laws of India.
H. No Rights of Third Parties
J. Contact Us